Monday, September 17, 2012

Coconut Curry Noodles

Fall has definitely arrived in Vancouver. We've been blessed with a bit of an Indian Summer and the days have been warm, but mornings tend to be crisp and evenings are cool. On Friday I decided to take advantage of the cooler temperature to try a dish I saw on Pinterest - coconut curry noodles. The original recipe can be found here


The ingredients were fairly simple and included a red pepper, carrots, chicken broth, rice noodles, cilantro, soy sauce, coconut milk and red curry paste. Both the coconut milk and red curry paste were on sale at my grocery store: winning!! :)


Here's my curry brewing ... it smelled sooooooo good ....


 .... And there's the end result. Delicious looking, right? Right. Unfortunately, it wasn't really delicious tasting. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't disgusting and we ate it all, but it just lacked flavor and kick.

Next time I'll try a different brand of coconut milk and curry paste to see if that makes any difference. I'm also gonna be honest and confess that I *may* have screwed up the recipe ... I wasn't sure if I was suppose to just add the ingredients to the water with the noodles, or remove the noodles from the heat and add them to the curry mix later. It was kind of confusing and I may have messed up. For now, I'm giving this dish 2.5 out of 5 stars but I'm planning to try it again and hopefully master it because we LOVE curry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin